Career as Company Secretaryby Team Goelji on July 9, 2008
Career as a Company Secretary is both prestigious as well as financially rewarding. Company Secretary commands high position in the value chain and acts as an interface between the company and its Board of Directors, shareholders, government and regulatory authorities. He/She ensures that Board procedures are both followed and regularly reviewed. Company Secretary acts as conscience seeker of the company and guides Chairman and the Directors on their responsibilities under various laws.
As per the section 383A of the Companies Act, 1956, companies with a paid-up share capital of Rs.Two crores or more are compulsorily required to appoint a whole time Company Secretary. Also, every company having a paid-up share capital of Rs. Ten Lakhs or more but less than Rs.Two Crores, is required to engage the services of a Secretary in whole-time practice for issue of compliance Certificate. Hence there are ample career opportunities for Company Secretaries.
- All companies seeking listing on Stock Exchange are required to appoint a whole-time company secretary.
- Membership of the Institute is recognized for appointment to superior posts and services under Central Government.
- Membership of the Institute is an essential qualification for recruitment from Grade I to Grade IV in the Accounts branch of the Indian Company Law Service.
- The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) develops and regulates the profession of Company Secretaries in India.
The CS Course is :
- recognized by the various Universities for admission to PhD Course.
- appointment of Lecturers in Commerce & Management.