Changing default menu of N73 Active Standby screenby IndiaLinkers InfoTech on April 6, 2009
By default Nokia N73 displays six applications on the screen that appears when you are not using the mobile or when you turn on the Nokia N73.
This screen which appears when you are not using the mobile or when you turn on the Nokia N73 is called the Active Standby Screen [Figure No. 1] . And the application menu on it is called Active Standby Menu. These six applications are the shortcuts icons to the application so, its safe to remove them or change them.
The Active Standby Menu acts just like the quick launch menu in computers. To run any of the applications on this Active Standby Menu you could use the Scroll key (joystick) to highlight that application shortcut icon and press joystick.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to change the six application shortcuts:
- Press the Nokia Menu key on the left,
- On the Menu screen click on Tools, [Figure No. 2]
- On the Tools screen click on Settings, [Figure No. 3]
- On the Settings screen click on Phone, [Figure No. 4]
- On the Phone settings screen click on Standby mode, [Figure No. 5]
- On the Standby mode screen click on Active standby apps., [Figure No. 6]
- Here you can change any of the six application shortcuts. Using Joysticks choose the shortcut you want to change and press it. Now select the application you want to assign to shortcut from the list of given options and press Joystick. [Figure No. 7]
- All Done! Press the right Selection key (Back) until you see the Active Standby Screen.
1 thought on “Changing default menu of N73 Active Standby screen”
Very nice guide… hahaha.. I didn't know that!
Comments are closed.