Eligibility Criteriaby Team Goelji on July 9, 2008
A candidate needs to clear 3 stages to qualify as Company Secretary and these are:
- Foundation Programme
- Executive Programme or Intermediate stage
- Professional Programme or Final Programme
- The minimum eligibility required for registering for the the foundation course of Company Secretary is 10+2 or an equivalent examination.
- Graduates or post-graduates in commerce, or any other discipline except fine arts, are allowed to skip the foundation course and enrolled directly for the intermediate examination. This exemption is also extended to those who have passed out of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountancy or the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. For better prospects one may opt for the Company Secretary course after having completed either the Cost and Works Accountancy course or the Chartered Accountancy course or both.
- For the course The Institute of Company Secretaries of India conduct examinations for different levels of competencies. Those who clear these examinations are granted membership to the Institute.