HowTo: Running old Add-ons on Firefox 4by Team Goelji on August 31, 2010
Since yesterday when I installed Firefox 4 beta, its been a headache coz of incompatibility of Firefox 4 with my favorite add-ons that i used on Firefox 3.6.8. My laptop is very customized and i prefer my system to make my working easy.
So, to solve this Firefox 4 issue i tried a few tricks and the best is what i am sharing with you people. Let’s see HowTo use your older add-ons on Firefox 4!
- Open Firefox 4.
- In the Address field, type about:config and hit Enter.
- Click on the disclaimer “I’ll be careful, I promise” button.
- Right-click anywhere and from the menu, select New and Boolean from next menu.
- A new, text box will appear on your screen. Type in extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0b if you have Firefox 4.0 beta version. You can type extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0 if you have Firefox 4.0.
- Click OK.
- When prompted select False and click OK.
- Restart Firefox 4 for the changes to take effect.
BTW, Yslow plugin doesn’t work with Firefox 4 but that’s the beauty coz Firefox 4 doesn’t let a plugin to crash browser.