Name : Katrina Kaif
Date of Birth : 16 July, 1984
Height : 5’9″
Nationality : Indian
Profession : Actress, Modelling
Claim to Fame : film ‘Boom’
Marital status : Single
Acted in Movies :
Telugu Movies : Malliswari, Allari Pidugu.
Bollywood Movies : Boom, Sarkar, Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya, Humko Deewana Kar Gaye, Namastey London, Apne, Partner, Welcome, Race, Singh Is Kinng, Hello, Yuvvraaj.
Malayalam Movies : Balram vs. Taradas
Indian Designers : Rina Dhaka, Tarun Tahiliani, Rocky S.
International Designers : Armani, Miu Miu, Prada, Versace.
Perfume : Gucci Rush.
Hollywood Movies : City of Angels, When Harry Met Sally, Shawshank Redemption.
Hindi Movies : Umrao Jaan (1981), Casablanca (1942), and Gone with the Wind (1939).
Actors : Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, Hrithik Roshan, Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan.
Actress : Kajol and Madhuri Dixit
Co-stars : Sumanth, Lawrence and Prabhudeva sir
Cricketer : Irfan Pathan.
Car : Cayenne, Porsche (:) – Someday I shall get one
Food : Dahi and rice.
Personal Life :
Katrina Kaif is one of eight siblings, all girls from her mother who is a Caucasian British Nationality, and her father who was formerly from Kashmir, India, but who has since acquired British Nationality. She was born in Hong Kong, spent the beginning of her life in Hawaii but brought up in London, UK.
Katrina took Hindi and dancing lessons to fit in with the Bollywood culture. She likes to display a picture of her learning Kathak dancing where she used to dance 7 hours a day non-stop. She is very particular about her clothes which she wears a bold outfit on screen or for ads, but she wears comfortable non-revealing clothes when at home. And she hates to do her hair, and dislikes make-up. She refuses to speak about her personal life in the media. Admitting to being lonely in the beginning, but now has several nice friends who she can hang out with like Salman Khan.
Katrina Kaif started modelling in Hawaii at the age of 14 by accident when she was approached for a jewellery campaign, after that she went to London to continue modelling. Presently, she lives in Mumbai. In India she started off as a model with photographer Atul Kasbekar, later she modelled for brands as big as Estelle jeweler, Lakme, Pantene, Veet, Fevicol, Cola, Kodak cameras, L’Oreal, Samsung, LG etc. Matrix is her Manager.
She was flooded with modelling assignments especially with her innocent expressive face, hour-glass curvy figure, and drop-dead gorgeous looks. Because of modelling she got her break in a Bollywood movie “Boom” offered by none other than film-maker Kaizad Gustad. Katrina never had any difficulty in getting a visa or getting it extended in India.
However, film-makers were at first hesitant to sign her because of her linguistic shortcomings. Katrina puts on a bold face and states that other Bollywood artistes like Sridevi, who did not know Hindi, did get offers from Bollywood film-makers, and she is no different.
- Katrina was chosen as the face of the year for the Lakme India Fashion Week (2005).
- The famous Rs. 2 lakh ($4,814) worth silver dress she flaunts in the movie Welcome (2007) was gifted to her by Emilio Pucci.
- Voted at the No. 1 spot in FHM India’s 100 Sexiest Women in the World poll.
- Won Best Female Style Icon at the IIFA Awards.
- Won Sabsay Favorite Heroine Award (2008).
- Won the British-Indian Actor award for the Zee Cine Awards (2008).
- Won the Stardust Breakthrough Performance Award (Female) for Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya? (2005)(2006).
- She grossed Rs. 70 lakhs for Malliswari – making her top the list of the highest paid actresses during a South Indian movie debut.
- In a recent poll for the most luscious lips in the film industry Katrina Kaif won by a mile.