HowTo: Writing a PHP App with free Web Application Frameworkby IndiaLinkers InfoTech on July 4, 2010
CodeIgniter, a powerful PHP framework with a very small footprint, built for PHP coders who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications. CodeIgniter is for developers who work on shared hosting accounts and clients with deadlines, and tired of large and undocumented frameworks. Just check out the sample projects built on CodeIgniter and if you like it than download CodeIgniter from here!
Try CodeIgniter if you:
- want a framework with a small footprint.
- need exceptional performance.
- need broad compatibility with standard hosting accounts that run a variety of PHP versions and configurations.
- want a framework that requires nearly zero configuration.
- want a framework that does not require you to use the command line.
- want a framework that does not require you to adhere to restrictive coding rules.
- are not interested in large-scale monolithic libraries like PEAR.
- do not want to be forced to learn a templating language (although a template parser is optionally available if you desire one).
- eschew complexity, favouring simple solutions.
- need clear, thorough documentation.