Facts about SAPby Team Goelji on May 3, 2010
Here are a few of the least known facts about SAP, a company that showed the world how the different types of unlimited processes of a company can be integrated, managed and processed in a single enterprise software. Thus making the businesses of large enterprises least complex.
- Founded by five former IBM employees in 1972 (History) and headquartered in Walldorf, Germany.
- Leading global provider of client/server business software solutions.
- Number one vendor of standard business application software, with a worldwide market share of 31%.
- Fourth-largest independent software supplier in the world.
- Available in 14 languages.
- 34% of SAP’s customers worldwide are under $200 million.
- 10 out of the top 10 US companies with the highest market value use SAP software.
- 8 of the top 10 largest US corporations use SAP software.
- 8 of the top 10 highest profit US companies use SAP software.
- More than 7500 customers in over 90 countries have chosen SAP.
- Reported revenues of DM 6 billion in the most recent fiscal year, a 62-percent increase over 1996 revenues.
- Today SAP is not any longer a one-product-company.