Firefox 3.6 Beta3by Team Goelji on December 17, 2009
Yesterday, Mozilla Corp. launched Beta3 version of their Firefox 3.6 web browser, which they intend to update itself during the beta period and eventually to the final release. Firefox 3.6 Beta3 uses Mozilla’s Gecko 1.9.2 web rendering platform. This version has been optimized to make it faster and more responsive than previous versions.
Apart from all changes and new features of Firefox 3.6 Mozilla community stated following improvements:
- Changes in third party software integration with Firefox to prevent crashes.
- Speed up page load time via ability to run scripts asynchronously.
- More than 80 bug fixes from the last beta to improve performance, stability, security and features.
- This beta is available in more than 60 languages – get your local version.
- Users can now change their browser’s appearance with a single click, with built in support for Personas.
- Firefox 3.6 will alert users about out of date plugins to keep them safe.
- Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports poster frames.
- Support for the WOFF font format.
- Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.