I had promised to update my about Guru’s music with artist names. I found this and more on a Rahman fan site. It would have made my previous post too long so I decided to do a new post on this. Here’s some information about the songs:
- ‘Barso Re’ Shreya Ghoshal & Uday Mazumdar. Picturised on Aishwarya Rai in Athirapally waterfalls, Kerala.
- ‘Tere Bina’ A.R.Rahman, Chinmayi, Additional Voices ‘Murtaza, Qadir’. A.R.Rahman termed it as his favorite song in the album, in his MumbaiMirror interview.
- ‘Ek Lo Ek Muft’ Bappi Lahiri, K.S. Chitra, Additional Voices Tanvi, Saloni, Boney, Jaidev. Mentioned as ‘Yammo Yammo’ and ‘Bolo Guru’Â in different sites, this is a Bengali number sung by Bappi Lahiri. This is a seven-minute song, which is reportedly used when the opening credits of the film roll up.
- ‘Baazi Laga’ Udit Narayan, Madhushree, Swetha, Bhargavee. Additional Programming Pravin Mani.
- ‘Mayya’ Maryem Hassan Toller, Chinmayee, Keerthi. Programming & Additional Arrangements – Ranjit Barot. This song has been picturized in Turkey, and features Mallika Sherawat.
- ‘Ay Hairathe’ Hariharan, Alka Yagnik. Additional Voices, A.R.Rahman, Aslam Mohammed.
- ‘Jaage Hain’ K.S.Chitra , A.R.Rahman & Madras Choral Group.