Hey friends this is the general procedure that has to be followed to become a Company Secretary:
It is as follows:
Pass Foundation Programme:
- Pass 10+2 or equivalent examination than you can enroll with the institute for foundation course.
- It is necessary to complete the compulsory postal coaching before appearing in the exam.
- On passing the foundation examination you can register with the institute for intermediate course.
Pass Executive Programme:
- Graduates and those who have passed out of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountancy or the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India can enter straightaway at this level.
- Complete the compulsory postal coaching for the intermediate course.
- Pass the intermediate examination. It consist of two groups, one can appear for either the groups or a single group in first attempt.
- It is also compulsory to complete 72 hours computer training.
- Enroll for the final course.
Pass Professional Programme:
- Complete the compulsory postal coaching for the final course.
- During this period or after this period the student is also required to undergo management training or apprenticeship with a company recognized by the Institute or with a recognized practicing company Secretary.
Now a student qualifies for membership of the Institute on admission as an Associate member, he or she is entitled to use the descriptive letters “ACS” after his name. Senior members in the profession are eligible for admission as Fellow Members, and on admission as Fellow Members they are eligible to use the descriptive letters “FCS” after their names.